I had the pleasure of enjoying the El Piña Diablo Margarita (well, several of them) at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess recently. And thank goodness every wonderful thing in this world doesn't have to be far away. Fortunately for me, I was staying at the resort and could savor this margarita the way it was intended to be savored.
The Margarita begins with 100% Pure Blue Agave Cruz Tequila, which is based in Scottsdale, AZ and is the flagship brand of Los Diablos, known for its exceptional sipping quality.
The first step is to make the Pineapple-Serrano Chile Infusion. You will pour one bottle of Silver Cruz Tequila in a plastic container and add one Serrano Chile, diced. Add a 1/2 medium pineapple, diced, into the container with the Tequila. Place in refrigerator for 2 days, checking daily for desired flavor.
One you have your infused tequila, you are ready to create your perfect margarita:
El Piña Diablo Margarita
- 1.5 oz. Pineapple-Serrano Chile Infused Tequila
- 1/2 oz. Agave Nectar
- Combine tequila and agave nectar in glass.
- Fill with Homemade Sour Mix (see below).
- Add dash of pineapple juice.
- Shake and pour over ice.
- Garnish with Serrano Chiles.
Don't know how to make Homemade Sour Mix? Try this:
- One Gallon Fresh Lime Juice
- 3/4 Gallon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Gallon Simple Syrup
- One Gallon Water
- Mix together (add more or less of each ingredient for the desired flavor)
Of course, you can also visit La Hacienda at Fairmont Scottsdale and let them fix one for you. Check out all the details here.