Wander With Wonder is an online food, wine, and travel magazine. We welcome writer pitches from storytellers who want to become part of our story. Please read the below guidelines before you pitch. You can see our current contributors here.
Become Part of the Wander Story
Wander With Wonder shares the stories of those who love to travel. We want to share experiences that explore all of life's wow moments. We need original writing, photography, and/or video that captures the wow moments during your own adventures…Around the World or Across the Street™.
Be sure to read some of our articles so you understand our style. You can find out more about our audience here.
What We Want
We want articles that tell a story. Share what made you say wow. Take our readers along on a journey. We only take pitches for our Travel, Destinations, and Eat & Drink sections. Do NOT pitch product reviews or shopping articles.
Word length for Wander articles is about 1,000 to 1,200 words, although we will consider longer articles if you have a story to tell.
We want first-person, narrative stories. Please do not pitch listicles unless there is an amazing concept and you can sell that concept. We encourage personality-driven stories and stories of the people behind a destination.
Beautiful photos are essential for every article. We need at least six photos for every article, including one horizontal featured image. We accept press photos, but you must include the credits. Please, no photos from online sources and no downloaded photos. We can work with you to ensure you submit the best quality photos. You retain rights to your own photos.
We purchase First Worldwide Electronic Rights. We ask that you never post the exact same article elsewhere. We retain the right to use the article and photos to promote the article and the website via social media channels. We retain the right to reprint articles in ebook format for a nominal fee.
Payment varies. All articles include an author byline, photo, short bio, website link, and social media links.
How to Pitch
- DO NOT SEND COMPLETE MANUSCRIPT.
- Do not include any attachments with your pitch.
- Send a short pitch in the body of an email that includes:
- Proposed first paragraph
- Paragraph or two outlining the complete article idea
- Indicate if you have already made the trip; if so, whether it was a sponsored trip (we DO accept sponsored trips). If you have not yet traveled, please let us know when you plan to travel.
- Types of photos available
- Links to published clips
- Please put WANDER PITCH: TOPIC in the subject line of your email.
- Send your pitch via email to email@example.com.
- If you haven't heard back in 10 days, feel free to email again.