Nothing says summer better than a refreshing cocktail. Here are a few summer cocktails with easy cocktail recipes from around the world.
Nothing says summer better than a refreshing cocktail. From around the world or across the street, here are a few summer cocktails that you can make for yourself—or plan a visit to these great locations and order one up to celebrate summer.
Blackberry Refresher—JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa
If you visit JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa, order up the Blackberry Refresher while you check out the views of the Texas Hill Country or float along the resort’s lazy river.
- 4 Blackberries
- ¾ oz Simple Syrup
- ¾ oz Lemon Juice
- 2 oz Ranger Creek .36 Bourbon
- Muddle blackberries in the bottom of the glass.
- Top blackberries with crushed ice.
- In a shaker tin, add lemon juice, simple syrup, bourbon, and ice. Shake.
- Strain mixture into the glass over the crushed ice.
- Watch and enjoy as the blackberry bleeds into the caramel color of the bourbon mixture.
The High Noon Celebrates the Royal Wedding
Summer is a time for weddings, and even if you didn’t make it to “the” royal wedding you can celebrate the royals with The Botanist Gin from Scotland. This gin features 22 hand-foraged botanicals and is really refreshing for summer. This drink features Elderflower Liqueur, one of my all-time favorite spirits—you can read more of my favorite recipes featuring St-Germain here.
- 1.5 oz The Botanist Gin
- ¼ oz Fresh Grapefruit Juice
- ¾ oz Elderflower Liqueur
- 6 oz Tonic Water
- Grapefruit for garnish
- Pour The Botanist Gin, Fresh Grapefruit Juice, Elderflower Liqueur into a highball glass.
- Add ice.
- Top with tonic water.
- Garnish with grapefruit peel.
Milan Margarita at The Sicilian Butcher in Phoenix
I have fallen in love with Italy and nothing says summer like Milan. If you can’t get to Milan, then head to Arizona and order up the Milan Margarita at The Sicilian Butcher. This is a fun blend of the Desert Southwest and everything great about Italy. The cocktail combines tequila, pineapple, rosemary, agave, lime juice, and Campari.
Of course, The Sicilian Butcher also combines skilled butchery with some creative dishes. Enjoy hand-rolled meatballs, fresh-made pasta, and more. Sounds like perfection for a summer evening in Arizona. The Sicilian Butcher is located at 15530 N. Tatum Blvd., Suite 160 in Phoenix, AZ.
Dahlia Punch with Tipperary Whiskey
I don’t usually think of whiskey as a summer drink, but this is completely a summer drink. Tipperary Distillery is a boutique single malt Irish Whiskey producer in rural County Tipperary, Ireland. Tipperary paired with Bumblebee Flower Farm to create some fun summer cocktails. Here’s one of my favorites.
- Bumblebee Rose Petals
- 1 part Tipperary Whiskey
- ½ parts Bumblebee Dahlia Cordial
- 2 parts Soda Water
- Dahlia and Rose to garnish
- Infuse the Tipperary Whiskey with rose petals overnight.
- Add the rose-infused Tipperary Whiskey to a punch bowl with ice, soda water, marjoram, and Bumblebee Dahlia Cordial.
- Stir and garnish with a floating dahlia and rose.
- Serve in your favorite punch glasses.
Choose a 15-Calorie Skinny Fresh Strawberry Mojito Option
Summer cocktails only get better if they’re guilt-free. With Jordan’s Skinny Mixes, you can create 15-calorie cool drinks for this summer.
- 4 oz Jordan’s Skinny Mojito Mix
- 1.5 oz Strawberry Rum
- Splash Club Soda
- Fresh Strawberries
- Fresh Mint
- In a tall cocktail glass, muddle strawberries and mint.
- Fill with ice.
- Add 4 oz Skinny Mojito Mix, 1.5 oz strawberry rum, and a splash of club soda.
- Stir and enjoy!
Articles Related to Fun Summer Cocktails
- Great Spring and Summer Cocktail Recipes
- The Best Spring Cocktail Recipes
- Cool Summer Cocktails
- The Best Margarita Recipes
- The Best Tequila Cocktails
As you celebrate summer, these summer cocktails are sure to help you cool down and kick off your season just the right way. Looking for a few more cocktail recipes? Check out these additional summer cocktails. Now you have no excuse for not whipping up a cool refreshing drink this summer. Cheers!