There is so much happening at Disneyland as the Walt Disney Company celebrates 100 years! Here is what you need to see now at Disneyland.
The fun and excitement are underway as the Walt Disney Company celebrates its 100th anniversary. Now, guests are invited to celebrate right alongside Mickey, Minnie, and all their friends. There is so much going on at the Disneyland Resort Theme Parks and hotels, there is no doubt that a good time will be had by one and all.
Spectacular New Water Show
For people visiting the theme parks in the days, weeks, and months ahead, there will be plenty of new things to check out. One of the coolest new entertainment shows to check out is “World of Color One,” a new nighttime spectacular light show at Disney’s California Adventure Park. The show tells a beautiful story of how a single action, a drop of water, creates a ripple that can grow into a wave of change. The show features an amazing display of fountains, lighting, lasers, and fog, all in conjunction with songs that everyone can sing along to from some of the most beloved Disney movies.
Fireworks Show to Delight Guests of All Ages
Disneyland has its own new show as well. Disney’s new firework show, “Wonderous Journeys,” is an amazing and spectacular show. Walt Disney Animation Studios teamed up with Disney Live Entertainment to feature several of the company’s iconic films and characters spanning decades of animated classics. Guests can get a view of the show on Main Street and all throughout parts of the theme park, where the buildings and facades become a canvas for lighting effects, projections, and of course fireworks for the crowd to enjoy.
Be Sure to Check Out the New Ride
Of course, no trip to the theme park is complete without riding some of the coolest, latest, and greatest rides! In 2023, Disneyland opened Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway. This amazing ride is located in Mickey’s Toontown. Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway transports guests into Mickey Mouse’s cartoon shorts & film world, with fabulous animation, and projection-mapping techniques that are all synched with trackless vehicles and music. This is a great one for the entire family. Even the queue to get into the ride is very cool, there shouldn’t be any boredom ahead of this one.
Delicious Sweet Treats
Who doesn’t enjoy a tasty treat now and again? One of the best parts of visiting theme parks is getting the chance to check out the variety of delicious food, especially the desserts and treats. If you have a sweet tooth, trust me when I say there is absolutely some sort of amazing treat for you. Just some of the specialty sweets available include:
- Lemon Tea Cake
- Minnie Cake Pop
- Chocolate-Covered Minnie Mouse Caramel Apple
- Platinum Trifle
- Sweet & Sour Churro tossed in salt & lime-flavored sugar with sweet lime glaze
Not So Sweet Treats and Eats
If sweets aren’t all you are looking for and you want something more savory or substantial, don’t worry, there are new options as well. Among those eats includes:
- Potato & Cheddar Burger is a 1/3 lb. Angus Chuck Patty with Green chile and bacon cheddar sauce and a spicy crispy potato plank
- French Onion Dip Pizza featuring Mozzarella, Gruyere, caramelized onion, and sliced roast beef
- Chicken Enchilada Pasta with grilled chicken, corn and onion relish, creamy tomatillo sauce, crema, cilantro, and corn
- Breakfast Sandwich with an herb blend and creme fraiche egg, maple butter spread, muenster, and crispy bacon on a toasted English muffin
Discover New Merchandise
There is also a ton of new Disney 100 Merchandise available at all the Disneyland Resort theme parks and stores throughout Downtown Disney. Just some of the new merchandise includes:
- Spirit Jerseys
- T-shirts for all ages
- Stuffed animals
- Loungefly bags
All these and much more are now available for guests, and the Walt Disney Company is adding new items all the time to coincide with the huge celebration.
Best Suggestion – Stay on Property, It’s Definitely Worth It
One of the best suggestions for any upcoming trip to Disneyland, stay on the property if at all possible. Here are just a few reasons why:
- The ability to just take a short walk from your hotel room to the theme park entrance is one of the best perks
- If you would like to take a rest in the middle of the day, take items you’ve purchased back to your hotel room, or even have some of the merchants deliver items to the front desk
- Eliminates the need for a vehicle if you are planning to do all your adventuring in the parks and Downtown Disney
- If you are driving in or will have a car, quick access to the parks via walking will cut out the extra cost of parking fees at the park
- Early morning magic hours —guests staying on the property get early access to certain areas of the parks, one hour ahead of other guests
- The rooms are very clean and quiet, and the hotel properties offer their own dining options.
Theme Park Visits Great for All Ages
Many people picture Disneyland as a great destination for kids and families. Yet, it has become quite a hot spot for Disney adults to play and enjoy entertainment and fun. The wide variety of attractions, shows, and especially the food are meant to entice people from ages 0 to 99.
Be On the Lookout for Upcoming News and Announcements
Announcements for new entertainment, shows, and cool events will be ongoing, so be sure to keep an ear out. After-dark parties have become a very popular way to entice people to celebrate at the parks. These 4-hour late-night events are a great way to enjoy festivities, food, and fun without all the large crowds. Also, be on the lookout for any new food and merchandise, and park-related announcements.
Don’t Forget to Make a Reservation
Guests looking to visit the park need to keep in mind that if you’d like to come and check out all the fun, not only are you required to purchase tickets, but you need to make a park reservation for the day(s) you’d like to visit as well. Information on ticket prices, which can vary depending on the days you’d like to visit, and on making a theme park or hotel reservation, can be found on the Disneyland website.
Articles Related to What to See Now at Disneyland: Celebrating 100 Years
- 2 Days in Los Angeles, California: The Ultimate Guide
- 5 Must-See Amusement Parks in Cancun
- What to Do at Dollywood
- Amusement Parks in Southern California
- Feel Like a Kid at the C.W. Parker Carousel Museum
The Price Doesn’t Have to Prevent a Trip
While a trip to Disneyland Resort can be pricey, there are many affordable ways to enjoy the theme park while sticking to a budget. I recommend that you bring your own drinks and snacks. Be sure to do your own research, look for deals, and get ready to make memories. When planning your next trip to a theme park, California, or another Disney location, let Wander With Wonder be your guide.