Great sweater weather cocktails you can order up in your favorite bar—or make at home. Here are some of the best fall cocktails.
Fall is here, which means it's time for a creative take on fall cocktails. I asked around for some great sweater weather cocktails that you can order up in your favorite bar—or make at home for you and someone special. Here are some of our favorite fall cocktails.
Berries & Bubbles from Ocean Prime Phoenix
The modern American seafood restaurant Ocean Prime Phoenix has a smoking Berries & Bubbles cocktail that is complex, refreshing and balanced—and perfect for the season with some of my favorites—Belvedere Citrus Vodka, Crème de Cassis, Domaine Chandon Brut, fresh berries and dry ice to give it a touch of the spooky fall season. You can whip up these fall cocktails yourself or stop by Ocean Prime where it sells for $14.
- 1¼ ounce Belvedere Citrus Vodka
- ¾ ounce Crème de Cassis
- 1½ ounce sour mix
- 1 ounce Domaine Chandon Brut
- Fresh berries
- Dry ice
- Combine Belvedere Citrus Vodka, Crème de Cassis, and sour in a mixing tin.
- Add ice; shake vigorously and strain into a chilled martini glass containing a spoonful of berries and a piece of dry ice.
- Finish cocktail with a float of Domaine Chandon Brut.
How Do You Like Dem Apples
There's something about apples and bourbon that just scream fall. Throw in some maple syrup and it's fall in a glass.
- 1½ ounce Knob Creek Bourbon
- ¼ ounce Campari
- ½ ounce lemon uice
- ½ ounce maple syrup
- 1 ounce apple cider
- Serve over the rocks.
- Garnish with apple slices.
Master of Mixes Pumpkin Pie Colada
Pineapple and pumpkin? Yep, with Master of Mixes Piña Colada Mixer, you can take Thanksgiving to the tropics—or bring it home. These fall cocktails are sure to be hits around the Thanksgiving table!
- 2 ounces Master of Mixes Piña Colada Mixer
- 1½ ounces Spiced Rum
- 2 ounces pumpkin pie filling
- Combine ingredients in a Boston glass filled with ice.
- Shake and strain into a chilled glass.
SVEDKA Vodka Black Magic Jelly Shots
Okay, maybe this is more a Halloween cocktail than a fall cocktail, but these are super cool and fun and I think perfect throughout the fall. This recipe makes 24 fall cocktails.
- 2½ cups boiling water
- 1 (6 oz) package SVEDKA Berry Blue Flavor Gelatin Mix
- 1½ cups SVEDKA Blue Raspberry Vodka
- ¼ tsp Grape Flavor Unsweetened Drink Mix
- 1 TBSP black sprinkles
- Add boiling water to gelatin mix in medium bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Stir in SVEDKA Blue Raspberry Vodka.
- Pour 1¼ cups gelatin into separate bowl. Add drink mix; stir until dissolved. Let stand at room temperature until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, pour remaining gelatin into 24 (2-oz.) plastic cups. Refrigerate 45 min. or until set but not firm.
- Cover gelatin in cups with remaining gelatin. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Top with sprinkles before serving.
Fresh Apples and Spirits from Bowling Green, Kentucky
The team at Corsair Distillery—Bowling Green, Kentucky’s own award-winning brewhouse— sent over some of their favorite fall cocktails. Corsair is a craft and small-batch distillery that makes a variety of unique spirits, including their own spiced rum, artisan gin, quinoa whiskey, and pumpkin spice moonshine.
And for those of you who want to actually pick the apples you garnish your cocktails with, Bowling Green boasts another specialty perfect for the occasion: Jackson’s Orchard. Famous for its apple and peach picking, the Jackson family has offered good food and great memories to visitors for over 50 years now.
Try the caramel apple mimosas, a unique fall cocktail take on the brunch favorite. How do you beat a mixture of champagne, apple cider, caramel vodka, cinnamon sugar, and caramel?
- 2 TBLS Caramel
- 2 TBLS Cinnamon Sugar
- 1 Cup Apple Cider
- 8 ounces Caramel Vodka
- 1 Bottle Champagne
- Apple Slices, for garnish
- In a small dish, pour caramel. In another small dish, pour cinnamon sugar. Dip champagne flutes into caramel to rim glass, then dip in cinnamon sugar.
- Pour ¼ cup apple cider and 2 ounces caramel vodka into each flute and top with champagne.
- Garnish with an apple slice and serve.
With so many great fall cocktails from which to choose, you'll want these fall months to keep extending. As you sip fall in a glass and watch the leaves change color, you'll give thanks that those long hot days are behind us. Be sure to check out Wander for more great cocktail recipes.