Wander With Wonder contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, we may earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. We thank you for your help — it is what keeps wander with wonder bringing you great content.
When I think of spring, I think of bright flavors—fruits and melons. These fun spring cocktail recipes highlight those flavors. They're ideal for a casual gathering of friends, a celebration for Mother's Day, or simply a way to cool down on a sun-filled spring day. I shared a few of my favorite spring gin cocktails recently, so be sure to check out those options as well. I also included a fun mocktail recipe included below. Enjoy spring!
Spring Vodka Cocktails
I've always enjoyed a good vodka cocktail. My husband is a fan of a good Moscow Mule. Most vodka—which originated in Poland, Russia, and Sweden, is distilled from grains, such as rye and wheat. Some vodka uses potato and sugar beet. This clear liquid is fun to use in cocktails because it is a neutral spirit. I love that today there are options for fun new vodkas.
Spring Vodka Cocktails from NEFT Vodka
I recently received a sample of NEFT Vodka and I really enjoyed it. First of all, the packaging is cool. NEFT is a small-batch vodka from the Austrian Alps that comes in these very cool metal barrels. Once you get the barrel cold, your vodka stays cold for up to six hours. Because it's not breakable, it's ideal for around the pool this summer. I really enjoyed the taste of this vodka. It's different because it's a blend of four rye grains, so I feel as if it has more depth of flavor than a lot of vodkas. It is ideal for these delicious spring vodka cocktails.
NEFT Rose Cocktail
I love that this recipe uses hibiscus and rose syrup. Those are both spring in a glass. This is an ideal cocktail for Mother's Day—or anytime you want a cool, refreshing vodka cocktail.
- 1¾ oz NEFT ultra-premium vodka
- ¾ oz egg white
- ½ oz hibiscus and rose syrup
- ¼ oz Calvados Appelation
- 2 dashes of rose water
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Dry shake all ingredients in a shaker tin, and then add ice and shake vigorously.
- Strain into a coup glass.
- Garnish with a hibiscus flower.
Spring Vodka Cocktails from Pinnacle Vodka
Pinnacle® Vodka recently introduced a new line called Light & Ripe™. These are fun, fruity vodkas with fewer calories and no sugar. These are ideal for spring cocktails using the two flavors: Apricot Honeysuckle and Guava Lime.
Apricot Honeysuckle Spritz
This reminds me of spring in Italy and what says spring like honeysuckle?
- 1 part Pinnacle® Light & Ripe™ Apricot Honeysuckle Vodka
- 1 part Lillet Blanc®
- Equal parts soda water and tonic water
- Fresh apricot
- Sprig of thyme
- Build drink in a glass over ice.
- Stir gently.
- Garnish with fresh apricot and honeysuckle.
Guava Lime Sparkler
I discovered in my travels that I really like guava. It's such a delicious and refreshing tropical fruit. So, pairing that with vodka is perfect for a great spring cocktail recipe.
- Muddle mint, lime, and honey in a highball glass.
- Fill with crushed ice.
- Add vodka and stir.
- Top with soda water.
- Garnish with fresh mint and guava.
Spring Sparkling Wine Cocktail: Pink Heather
In my opinion, nothing makes a better spring cocktail than sparkling wine. Courtesy of online retailer The Bottle Club, this is a great cocktail for spring because it's pretty, pink, and has bubbles. What more could you want? What about whiskey? Yes, this one also features whiskey, making it a complex spring cocktail.
- 2 oz Scotch whiskey
- 1 oz Strawberry liqueur
- Sparkling rosé wine
- Strawberries for garnish
- Pour the whiskey and the strawberry liqueur into a chilled champagne flute.
- Top with sparkling wine and garnish.
Malibu Watermelon & Soda Cocktail
Rum is a fun spirit and the flavored rums have been fun for creating spring cocktails. I just discovered that Mailub now offers Malibu Watermelon. I was imagining a lot of different cocktails that could use watermelon rum, but one of my favorite spring cocktail recipes is super simple. This one sounds ideal for a poolside spring cocktail.
- 1 part Malibu Watermelon
- 2 parts Soda water
- Fresh watermelon (optional garnish)
- Fill a highball glass with ice.
- Add Malibu and soda water.
- Garnish with a watermelon slice.
Spring Tequila Cocktail: Santo Springtime Revelation
Those who read my articles know that I'm a huge fan of sparkling wines. But in the spirit world, I'm a tequila girl. I love a complex, smokey tequila. Santo Spirits is the company created by Sammy Hagar and Chef Guy Fieri. Made from 100% Blue Weber Agave, this is a party in a bottle. For spring, I recommend the Santo Springtime Revelation using the unique Santo Mezquila—a blend of tequila and mezcal.
- 1½ oz Santo Spirit Mezquila
- 1 oz Passion Fruit Nectar
- 2 each thin slices fresh ginger root
- 1 each Lime wedge
- 2 oz Ginger beer
- ¼ oz Pomegranate Syrup (or substitute Premium Grenadine)
- Muddle ginger root, lime wedge, and passion fruit puree in a shaker glass.
- Add Santo and ice.
- Shake well and strain over fresh ice,
- Top with ginger beer and sink pomegranate syrup.
- Serve in a collins glass.
Ginger Apple Mocktail
If you prefer to enjoy a mocktail, without the alcohol, I suggest you check out Martinelli's Apple Juice. This cocktail is so fresh thanks to the fresh ginger and the ginger beer. The recipe is by Meghan Yager of Cake N Knife and courtesy of Martinelli's.
- 1-inch Fresh Ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 Shakes Angostura Bitters
- 2 Lemon Slices
- 3 oz Martinelli's Apple Juice
- 5 oz Ginger Beer
- Lemon slice and apple slice for garnish
- In the bottom of an empty cocktail shaker, muddle together ginger, bitters, and lemon slices.
- Fill the shaker with ice and pour over Martinelli's Apple Juice. Shake well.
- Strain into a double old-fashioned glass filled with ice.
- Top with ginger beer.
- Garnish and serve.
I hope you enjoy creating these spring cocktail recipes. I love the fresh flavors paired with great spirits. Be sure to check out more great cocktail recipes on Wander here. We also have some fun appetizer recipes you can whip up to serve alongside your spring cocktails.