Welcome back to 12 Days of Christmas Cocktails on Wander. On the tenth day of Christmas, we’re heading to the Dallas Fort Worth International Airport where I sipped a Caramel Apple Martini at BYRN Lounge in the Westin DFW Airport Hotel. It’s ideal for those in-and-out visits to DFW or you can use the recipe to whip one up for your guests at home.
If you live in the Dallas Fort Worth Area and go to meet relatives and friends make a stop at BYRN Lounge to try this cocktail. If you’re heading out of Dallas for the holidays, The Westin DFW Airport Hotel is a great place to stay the night before your flight. With your overnight, you can leave your car on-site during your vacation and catch the complimentary shuttle to DFW. And that gives you the perfect reason to relax at the lounge to kick off your vacation. The recently renovated rooms are also ideal for those Christmas guests who want their own space during the holidays.
Creating the Caramel Apple Martini
When you blend Baileys Original Irish Cream with the flavors of butterscotch and apples, you have winter in a glass. I really enjoy these rich flavors and I can enjoy it at home or when I head over to DFW Airport.
- 1.5 oz Baileys Original Irish Cream
- 0.5 oz Butterscotch Liqueur (I suggest Dekuyper Buttershots Schnapps Liqueur)
- ½ oz Apple Pucker
- ¼ oz Half & Half
- Garnish the rim of a martini glass with caramel, salt, and brown sugar.
- In a shaker filled with ice, combine Baileys, Butterscotch, Apple Pucker, and Half & Half.
- Stir to chill.
- Strain into a prepared martini glass.