Christmas is coming and I'm celebrating with 12 Days of Christmas Cocktails on Wander. On the seventh day of Christmas, I sipped The Hot Dude from Marble Distilling in Colorado. I would love to be sitting at Marble Distilling Company, located about 90 minutes east of Grand Junction, Colorado. But, I can make this great cocktail for the holidays right here at home thanks to the recipe from Marble Distilling.
Even though I have been away from Colorado for about three decades, its Western slope always feels like home to me. Marble Distilling opened in 2015 in the small town of Carbondale, just 30 miles from Aspen. It creates handcrafted spirits. You can sip cocktails at Marble Bar or stay in The Distillery Inn, a five-room luxury hotel inside the distillery.
Creating The Hot Dude
Marble Distilling offers us The Hot Dude, AKA The McConaughey. This is Marble's version of a White Russian and a Hot Chocolate. Sip one of these by the fireplace on a cold winter's night and you'll feel warm all the way through to your soul.
- 1 TBLS Hot Cocoa
- ½ cup Hot Water
- 2 oz Moonlight EXpresso (a dark coffee liqueur from Marble Distilling that is available in Colorado or online here)
- Skosh of Heavy Cream (a skosh is a small amount)
- Dark Chocolate, Peppermint Bark, Whipped Cream to top
- Place the Hot Cocoa, hot water, Moonlight EXpresso, and heavy cream into a big mug.
- Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream topped with dark chocolate and/or peppermint bark.
To create a spectacular presentation, serve your Hot Dude in JoyJolt double wall mugs.