We are celebrating December and Christmas with 12 Days of Christmas cocktails. Be sure to follow along with my 12 Days of Christmas Cocktails on Wander.
On the third day of Christmas, I sipped an Ornamentini. This one is courtesy of the JW Marriott Hill Country Resort & Spa in San Antonio, Texas. Nope, I'm not in San Antonio, but I can create this festive Christmas drink at home thanks to the recipe below. Of course, if you want to sip it in style, head to Cibolo Moon, where the mixologists can whip up this jolly cocktail while you enjoy the festive atmosphere.
Creating the Ornamentini
This is a delicious cocktail with mint and chocolate. It's one you can sip by the fireplace—and it definitely looks like Christmas.
- 1 oz crème de menthe (green)
- 1 oz Kahlua
- 1 oz Crème de Cacao
- Splash of Half & Half
- Place red sugar on a small plate.
- Rim a chilled martini glass with water.
- Hold the glass by the stem and rotate the rim in the sugar.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the crème de menthe, Kahlua, Crème de Cacao, and Half & Half.
- Shake vigorously until chilled.
- Strain into the prepared martini glass.