Bluewater Grill Phoenix, in the Camelback Corridor, serves up fresh sustainably caught or farm-harvested seafood, flown in fresh to Phoenix. I discovered Bluewater Grill several years ago and have enjoyed dinner there many times over the years. The monthly second Tuesday tastings always feature some great seafood paired with fabulous wines. I also enjoy the Newport, CA Cannery Village location—the restaurant's first location—and Bluewater Avalon on Catalina Island and look forward to checking out their new California locations. But for those in Arizona, you can celebrate seafood all summer at Bluewater Grill Phoenix.
Book a Seat at the Monthly Paring Meals
The monthly chef-hosted Second Tuesday Tastings give you a great way to try some of the chef's specialties and enjoy an evening of great food and wine. Coming up this summer:
- Tuesday, July 10: New England Lobster and Clambake celebrates Bluewater's New England heritage. This tasting starts with New England clam chowder followed by steamed Maine lobster, Manila clams, fresh corn on the cob, baby red potatoes, crispy coleslaw and drawn butter. For $39.95, you can enjoy dinner and wine pairings. Seatings start at 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 14: Sustainable Swordfish Salute features the restaurant's Chipotle Blackened Swordfish with roasted corn and avocado relish. The swordfish is caught off the coast of California by the restaurants' own private fishing boat. $36.95 includes dinner and wine pairings. Seatings start at 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 11: A Taste of Spain: Seafood Paella Tasting pairs the Bluewater seafood version of Paella with a seafood tapas starter and wines from Spain. Seatings start at 6:30 p.m. and usually sell out well in advance.
Summer Specials at Bluewater Grill Phoenix
In addition to the Second Tuesday Tastings, Bluewater Grill Phoenix offers a number of specials. These give you an opportunity to check out more of the great Bluewater Grill menu.
- July 11 – 30: New England Lobster and Clambake is available without wine pairing throughout the month of July. The same menu as above for the July 10 tasting is served throughout the day from July 11 – 30 for $39.95.
- Tuesday, July 24: National Tequila Day Special features Bluewater's popular Pilikia and Serrano margaritas or tequila shots for $7.50 each.
- Saturday, September 25: National Lobster Day is the perfect opportunity to try the Bluewater Lobster Roll, featuring chunks of fresh Maine lobster meat, light mayonnaise, chopped celery and finely diced onion stuffed in a butter-grilled “East Coast-style” brioche bun, along with a cup of housemade New England Clam Chowder, for $20. You can also order the roll “hot buttered-style,” popular in Connecticut, this version features lobster meat sautéed in butter and topped on the brioche buns. If this makes your mouth water before National Lobster Day, the rolls are available every day at Bluewater Grill for $24.
Bluewater Grill Phoenix strives to serve the freshest seafood around, in an atmosphere that feels like a casual, comfortable neighborhood hangout. For more information and to make reservations, visit online at www.bluewatergrill.com.
Note: As is common in the travel industry, the writer was provided with a meal for the purpose of review. While it has not influenced this review, the writer believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest.