With spring here, Mountain Shadows is offering a new lineup of wellness and resort activities for guests and locals to enjoy.
- Spring Yoga Series – March 15 – April 26 on Thursdays from 6-7 p.m.
- Experience a special spring edition of the resort’s Free Flow Nights series, brought to you by Karma Juice. Locals and guests can enjoy a beautiful outdoor celebration of yoga every Thursday at 6 p.m. on the Mountain Shadows lawn as instructors from local yoga studios around the Valley guide guests through challenging poses, followed by special giveaways and wine served outdoors. After the session, socialize in The Living Room for bites and select $5 wines or keep the heart rate going at the resort's fitness center and outdoor pool that were unveiled during Mountain Shadows' opening. The Citizens Club includes a high-tech fitness center that offers an array of 60-minute classes and two 75-foot pools connected by a modern waterfall feature.
- Moonlight Yoga – Sundays on March 18 and April 15 at 7 p.m. and May 20 and June 10 at 8 p.m.
- Breathe with intention, move with grace and rise like the moon. Atop the resort’s stunning Camelback Overlook rooftop deck, guests and local will enjoy elevated views of the night skies and the moon aglow above Camelback Mountain. After a flow session with instructor Veronica Clark, guests and locals can sip a craft cocktail at Hearth '61 while they cool down and enjoy the plush atmosphere of the Living Room. $25 per person, includes class, parking and a drink.
- Spring Photography Essentials – March 24, April 28, May 19 from 2-4 p.m.
- The resort is offering its monthly photography class called Photography Essentials on March 24, April 28, and May 19 from 2-4 p.m. for shooting and 4-5 p.m. for apps and cocktails. While in the shadow of Camelback Mountain, learn how to work with light and shadow along with how to compose a shot. Photographer and blogger extraordinaire Joanie Simon will guide guests through the essentials of photography with practical tips for shooting and editing that anyone can use, whether shooting with a camera or a phone. After shooting some portrait and architectural images around the resort grounds, guests will learn how to make stunning food and drink images inside Hearth ’61 for that perfect Instagram post. After class, stick around for cocktails and appetizers with the group and enjoy the lively atmosphere of The Living Room. $50 per person, includes a cocktail and appetizer from a selection, plus day valet parking (gratuity not included). Guests are required to bring a camera or phone of their choice.
- Go Figure: 5 Figurative Artists – Rotating Art Gallery – March 5 – April 28
- Modern design and true works of art come together in The Gallery at Mountain Shadows. Guests can explore museum-quality exhibitions by artists with connections to Arizona, with new works debuted every two months. From March 5 through April 28, “Go Figure” explores works by five figurative artists – Jeff Bertoncino, Philip C. Curtis, Daniel Funkhouser, Beverly McIver and John Millei – all featuring the figure as subject matter and using different artistic techniques to explore the art of painting in the expression of personal narrative.
- The Arsenal Effect – April 7 at 10:30 a.m.
- Fitness guru Kenyatta Banks brings his fat burning, muscle sculpting, world renowned workout “The Arsenal Effect” to the Mountain Shadows lawn this spring. Guests and locals will get their heart pumping with a HIIT-style workout and create lean, toned, strong muscles while they work through an hour of high fat burning cardio. World-class views matched with a world-class workout. Feel the music and experience the burn, then kick-back and relax as they chill out poolside at the Mountain Shadows infinity pool. $20 per person, includes class and access to the resort’s Citizen Club pools all afternoon. RSVP required here.
This post is shared as a courtesy! If you are interested in partnering with Wander With Wonder for coverage of an upcoming event or opportunity please contact us.