Westin Hotels & Resorts in partnership with Wischermann Partners, Inc. today announced the official opening of the brand’s debut hotel in Mississippi, The Westin Jackson. Bringing a new level of luxury and well-being to the state’s capital city, The Westin Jackson boasts 203 thoughtfully-designed guestrooms and suites, a wine bar & bistro, a resort-style spa, as well as the brand’s signature fitness studio and saltwater pool.
Specifically designed to celebrate the history and culture of Jackson, Mississippi as “the birthplace of American music,” The Westin Jackson is part of the $60-million public-private development that incorporates rhythmic architectural features and custom artwork, including custom figurines designed by local and renowned artist Anne Robin Luckett, representing various Mississippi cultural icons ranging from esteemed athletes to beloved musicians. The anticipated hotel is poised to support travel and tourism in downtown Jackson – ideally located in the downtown arts and cultural district and steps from the Jackson Convention Complex.
“Around the world, travelers are realigning their priorities to put their well-being first, which continues to fuel Westin’s growth in both established cities like Jackson, Mississippi and emerging destinations like Jordan,” said George Fleck, Vice President, Global Brand Marketing & Management, Westin Hotels & Resorts. “With the revival of downtown Jackson and new energy in the city, we are thrilled to introduce a unique wellness proposition for business and leisure travelers, as only Westin can – empowering guests to be their best selves while on the road.”
“We are excited to be a part of the resurgence of downtown Jackson; The Westin Jackson will set the bar for the city’s hospitality industry and become an important part of the community,” says Mike Burton, General Manager, The Westin Jackson. “From our iconic Heavenly Bed to our Gear Lending partnership with New Balance, we look forward to delivering a memorable experience to visitors and locals alike.”
The Westin Jackson transforms every aspect of a guest’s stay into a revitalizing experience. All guestrooms and suites offer the world-renowned Westin Heavenly® Bed – featuring lush sheets, down cushioning and a patented pillow-top mattress. Guests will revive in the Heavenly® Bath, enhanced with the brand’s Heavenly® Shower, Heavenly® Robe and White Tea Aloe bath amenities, and enjoy in-room high-speed Internet access.
In addition to the hotel’s guestrooms and meeting spaces, guests and locals now have the opportunity to experience the hotel’s magnificent amenities including:
- Estelle Wine Bar & Bistro: Led by Executive Chef Matthew Kajdan, Estelle Wine Bar & Bistro introduces a fresh concept to the city’s dining scene, with a savory menu featuring modern American fare fused with European influences. A café bar by day, Estelle will transform into an upbeat hotspot at night, inviting guests to enjoy the vibrant atmosphere in the wine bar and lounge, or a summer evening out on the spacious patio. The open kitchen-style will allow diners to engage with the artistry of cooking by experiencing the sounds, smells and sights that go into their dishes. Estelle’s eclectic beverage program will complement the food selections featuring the most sought-after craft spirits, vermouths and specialty hand-crafted cocktails.
- Soul Spa: An oasis of beauty and tranquillity, Soul Spa will offer guests the highest quality services, including massages, facials, body treatments and nail services, within a modern and sophisticated urban setting. Soul Spa will consist of seven treatment rooms, manicure and pedicure stations adjacent to the reception area, sauna, experience showers and an outdoor courtyard with a whirlpool. The spa is partnered with United Kingdom-based ESPA to carry their premier product line, and is the only ESPA provider in Jackson.
- State-of-the-Art Fitness:
- Travelers who wish to continue their fitness routines on the road can participate in the hotel’s RunWESTIN™ program, which features the brand’s Gear Lending Program in partnership with New Balance®, offering workout gear for guests to borrow so they can pack light and stay fit on the road, as well as a run concierge, who hosts group runs for guests and encourage runners of all levels to explore their destination.
- Boasting Let’s Rise as the brand’s new mantra, Westin is committed to empowering its guests and delivering thoughtful wellness experiences that often reflects their at-home active lifestyle. The hotel’s WestinWORKOUT® fitness studio features the finest exercise equipment from world-class brands in open, airy and well-designed spaces. The fitness studio also features an indoor, saltwater pool as well as coveted Peloton commercial grade bikes, allowing guests to experience live studio cycling classes from world class instructors, as well as 5,000 on-demand classes.
During their stay in “The Birthplace of Blues, Country and Rock and Roll,” The Westin Jackson invites guests to step into the persona of famous musicians with the Music Legends of Mississippi program. As part of a special room package, Music Legends of Mississippi allows guests to play and enjoy replicas of iconic guitars in the comfort of their own guest rooms. Featured will be exact replicas of guitars played by six of the most legendary guitarists in history who have ties to Mississippi: Muddy Waters, Elvis Presley, BB King, Jimmy Buffet, Prince, and Marty Stuart. When not in use, the guitars are displayed for guests and visitors to see in the hotel lobby.
With an eye to Jackson’s lush natural surroundings and the capital city’s rich history, global hospitality design firm The Gettys Group devised a distinct look and feel for the Westin Jackson. Working with a color palette evocative of nature – soothing neutrals punctuated with mossy greens, plush purples and burnished golds – the design team incorporated undulating organic shapes in the furnishings and artwork to create a modern, serene feel throughout the property, including the guest rooms, event spaces, Estelle Wine Bar & Bistro and the 6,000-square-foot Soul Spa. A custom large-scale art installation symbolizing the Jackson Prairie region sets the tone at the hotel’s front desk, also weaving in allusions to the city’s renowned musical legacy. A custom-designed lobby living wall also serves to bring the outdoors in.
The Westin Jackson is located at 407 South Congress Street Jackson, in the heart of downtown Jackson and within walking distance of the Mississippi Museum of Art, Federal Courthouse, Planetarium and Thalia Mara Hall, the historic music and arts theatre. Also within one block from the hotel, the Jackson Convention Complex features over 300,000 square feet of flexible meeting and exhibit space for convention attendees.
For more information on The Westin Jackson, visit www.westin.com/jackson or call (601) 968-8200.
About The Westin Jackson
The Westin Jackson, set to open in early August 2017, offers 12,000 square feet of highly functional meeting space and 203 luxuriously appointed guest rooms and suites. Featuring a unique wine bar & bistro restaurant concept and state-of-the-art spa, The Westin Jackson will celebrate the history and culture of Jackson, MS, also known as the birthplace of America’s music. Marking the brand’s debut in the state, The Westin Jackson will be ideally located in the heart of downtown Jackson and within walking distance to the Mississippi Museum of Art, the Federal Courthouse, the Planetarium and the historic music and arts theatre, Thalia Mara Hall. Also within one block from the hotel, the Jackson Convention Complex features over 300,000 square feet of flexible meeting and exhibit space for convention attendees.
About Wischermann Partners
Wischermann Partners, Inc. is a national hospitality firm, focused on the operations of upper upscale and luxury hotels. Recognized by clients, peers and industry experts, Wischermann Partners brings a unique mix of knowledge, experience and insight to hospitality management, development and acquisitions. Currently, Wischermann Partners operates a hotel portfolio of more than 3,400 rooms. For more information about Wischermann Partners, please visit www.wischermannpartners.com.
About Westin Hotels & Resorts
Westin Hotels & Resorts, a leader in wellness and hospitality for more than a decade, empowers guests and associates to embrace well-being and be their best selves through the brand’s Six Pillars of Well-Being: : Sleep Well, Eat Well, Move Well, Feel Well, Work Well, and Play Well. At more than 200 hotels and resorts in nearly 40 countries and territories, guests can experience offerings that include the iconic Heavenly® Bed, RunWESTIN™ and Westin Gear Lending with New Balance®, delicious and nutritious SuperFoodsRx™ and more. To learn more, visit www.westin.com. Stay connected to Westin: @westin on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook.
This post is shared as a courtesy! If you are interested in partnering with Wander With Wonder for coverage of an upcoming event or opportunity please contact us.