Andaz Scottsdale Resort & Spa is pleased to debut its highly anticipated Palo Verde Spa & Apothecary, following the resort’s December 2016 opening. Located on 23 acres in Paradise Valley less than two miles north of Old Town Scottsdale, the mid-century inspired resort and spa is a true desert oasis with incomparable views of nearby Camelback Mountain.
Every service and product at the 12,000 square-foot Palo Verde Spa & Apothecary takes its cue from native plants and centuries of holistic wisdom, harnessing the natural healing powers of the earth’s most sacred resources. Utilizing unique and indigenous ingredients curated by a local Sedona botanist, in a space inspired by the artistic culture of the desert, the spa features an extensive menu of personalized treatments to provide the ideal combination specific to each guest’s wellness goals. Further embracing a fully customizable experience, the spa encourages guests to create their perfect essence at the Desert Blending Bar, featuring an assortment of essential oils and botanical boosters with specific benefits and healing qualities.
“Palo Verde Spa & Apothecary embodies our dedication to incorporating the wisdom of ancient cultures and the spirituality and natural resources of the Sonoran Desert with a modern sensibility to create a completely customized experience for ultimate wellness,” said Palo Verde Spa & Apothecary Spa Director Angee Smithee.
True to the philosophy of Andaz Scottsdale, where the individual guest is paramount, the spa experience is no different. From face and body to hands, feet and hair, spa guests luxuriate in a wide array of services and enjoy complimentary use of the spa’s private Palo Verde Pool, men’s and women’s lounges with eucalyptus steam rooms, co-ed indoor relaxation lounge, outdoor relaxation areas with hydrotherapy pools, and an expansive fitness center. Day passes are also available for $20 for hotel guests to enjoy the spa’s facilities.
The spa features four indoor treatment rooms and a full-service nail and hair salon. Upon arrival, the spa’s bright, airy space has an architectural design that echoes the clean lines and light-filled spaces of mid-century modern masters. It is an environment that highlights the healing views of the mountains and endless sky just outside.
Located within The Retreat, a hidden gem within the resort, Palo Verde is situated on the southern portion of the 23 acres, alongside a cluster of 22 guestrooms and one of the resort’s top suites, Albers House. With its own pool and several outdoor gathering spaces, The Retreat is an ideal venue for destination weddings and intimate retreats, whether business or pleasure.
Palo Verde Spa & Apothecary menu highlights include:
- Massage: For a soothing massage, guests are encouraged to choose from custom scents that match their specific mood that day, which can come from the cleansing power of juniper; detoxifying, arnica-infused Turquoise Sage oil; or a healing Himalayan salt stone massage. Signature treatment: True Essence Massage, showcasing the spa’s blending bar with a choice of soothing essential oils. $165 for this 60-minute massage.
- Body: Body treatments center on cleansing rituals that utilize hydrating jojoba, purifying clay, re-mineralizing salts, and soothing aloe, along with the purest aromatic essences. Experiences include whole-body therapies, scrubs, and wraps to renew, refresh, and rebalance. Palo Verde uses products by product line Body Bliss. Signature treatment: Sonoran Scrub, a customized body scrub using ingredients such as re-mineralizing desert salts, agave infused sugar and ultra-fine mesquite buffing grains. $165 for this 60-minute treatment.
- Face: Palo Verde is proud to feature DNA Facials, medical-grade treatments developed by renowned Beverly Hills cosmetic surgeon and dermatologist Dr. Ronald L. Moy that exfoliate, stimulate regeneration, tighten, and revitalize the skin. Also on the menu are facial treatments utilizing natural fruit acids, antioxidants, vitamins, and potent botanical extracts to address areas of concern and improve hydration and appearance, for a soothing, renewing experience that allows you to put your best face forward. The spa also features face products by emerginC. Signature treatment: Andaz Signature Facial, which includes a skin analysis to customize the perfect facial for your skin type. $165 for this 60-minute facial.
- Hands & Feet: The spa has the perfect plan for polishing and pampering hands and feet. Therapeutic essences and desert botanicals, including arnica, sage, mint, and prickly pear enhance the experience. Add reflexology as an á la carte option for the complete package.Signature treatment: Cactus Couture, a luxurious manicure and pedicure combo using a prickly pear exfoliating scrub and rich shea butter cream.$55 for this 30-minute manicure, and $75 for this 45-minute pedicure.
- Hair: The full-service salon offers a full range of hair services, including blow-outs, cuts for men and women, color, highlights and style.
Palo Verde Spa & Apothecary is located at 6114 N. Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, Ariz. 85253. The spa is open daily 8:30 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. For more information or to book a treatment, please call (480) 214-4672 or visit www.hyatt.com/corporate/spas/Palo-Verde-Spa-and-Apothecary/en/home.html.
Seasonal nightly room rates at Andaz Scottsdale Resort & Spa start at $399 during peak season (January-April). Nightly suite pricing starts at $2,500 during peak season. For more information about Andaz Scottsdale Resort & Spa, visit scottsdale.andaz.hyatt.com. Find the resort on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and join in on the conversation using #WhyNotAZAZ.
About Andaz Scottsdale Resort & Spa:
Andaz Scottsdale Resort & Spa opened in December 2016, situated on 23 acres of sweeping desert landscape at the base of Camelback Mountain. Mid-century modern interiors draw inspiration from the innovative 1950s desert art scene with an eclectic mix of bright colors, folk art and cultural patterns. The Guest House, a central gathering place that invites visitors to inhabit, explore and create, resembles an artist’s studio in design and offers board games and coloring books, a stocked library and live rotating art collection. The Turquoise Pool features 13 private cabanas and a Pool Bar offering up seasonal treats like spiked popsicles and punchbowls. The resort’s 201 bungalow-style guest rooms and suites are situated in clusters, reminiscent of an artists’ colony connected by meandering pathways and communal courtyards with fire pits. Signature restaurant Weft & Warp Art Bar + Kitchen features an exhibition kitchen with a plancha and serves contemporary Sonoran cuisine in small, sharable plates. Palo Verde Spa & Apothecary offers four treatment rooms and a customizable menu utilizing indigenous ingredients. The spa also features a salon, apothecary boutique, eucalyptus steam rooms, outdoor relaxation lounges, private pool and fitness center. More than 46,000 square feet of flexible, indoor/outdoor event space includes an expansive event lawn, Foundry Ballroom, two large Studios and more. Through an extensive artist in residence program in partnership with the nearby Cattle Track art community, guests can interact, learn and create alongside the local craftsman in painting, pottery, photography and more. Andaz Salon programming includes curated experiences at the resort’s studio and Cattle Track. The resort was named to Condé Nast Traveler’s 2017 Hot List, a collection of the editors’ picks of the world’s best new hotels, as well as ranked the #3 best new hotel in USA Today’s 2016 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards.
This post is shared as a courtesy! If you are interested in partnering with Wander With Wonder for coverage of an upcoming event or opportunity please contact us.