Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue announces a unique partnership with Roche Bobois, the world-renowned French design firm and retailer to introduce the new Roche Bobois Suites at Langham Place. Slated to debut in September 2016 – just in time for both New York Fashion Week and the United Nations General Assembly – these two 1,900 sq. ft. suites on the hotel’s 25th and 26th floors will feature individually-designed interiors reflecting the iconic savoir faire with which Roche Bobois has become synonymous.
The Roche Bobois Suites will be suites 2503 and 2603, situated on two of the highest floors of the hotel. The existing suites already feature two full bedrooms, two full bathrooms, an additional half-bath, a combined living and dining area with full-service kitchen, washer and dryer, and, most notably, floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the icon of the New York skyline, the Empire State Building.
Each suite will benefit from an individual re-design by the Roche Bobois team. Inspired by the brand’s long-standing collaborations with iconic fashion houses like Jean Paul Gaultier and Missoni, the spaces will incorporate design elements from Roche Bobois' most recent collaboration with Christian Lacroix.
Some unique design elements of the new Roche Bobois Suites at Langham Place, New York are:
- Beautiful living room furniture, including the modular and stylish Presence Sofa, which features an adjustable back; the Profile tufted leather ottoman, a twist on the classic Chesterfield; and the Epoq Sofa from the Nouveaux Classique collection, which represents French tradition through chic and understated elegance
- A full dining room featuring the Aqua dining table, which is capable of seating up to 10 guests and boasts a water-drop shaped base, cut from a single block of Carrara marble that extends seamlessly into a black Fenix®-coated polyurethane top, made from an innovative material that combines ultra-matte aesthetic with cutting-edge technological performance and is completely resistant to stains, scratches, heat and cleaning products
- Courchevel King Size beds in each bedroom, ensconced in a wall of sectioned leather to serve as both the headboard and a unique wall covering
- Framed brocade artwork using materials from Maison Christian Lacroix, as an artistic counterpoint to the hotel’s existing collection of Alex Katz artwork, created by Roche Bobois and exclusively featured at Langham Place, New York
- Mounted TV units by Chicane and Logos in each bedroom
- Drapery by men’s fashion designer Paul Smith, evoking the sharp tailored lines of a men’s suit
- Accent pillows and throws throughout the suite by Maison Lacroix, the home furnishings arm of Christian Lacroix Paris
Langham Place, New York, centrally located at 400 Fifth Avenue, at the intersection of Fifth Avenue and 36th Street. Its 214 guest rooms and suites are some of the largest in the city. Having recently completed the first phase of a renovation by acclaimed interior designers Meyer Davis, Langham Place boasts a residentially-inspired aesthetic, topped off by a multi-million dollar permanent art collection featuring the works of Alex Katz. Foodies will enjoy Ai Fiori, a Michelin-starred restaurant from Michael White’s Altamarea Group, located on the hotel’s second floor. Langham Place also has the capabilities to host meetings, events and social gatherings of all sizes in The Gallery at Langham Place, a full floor of function space on the hotel’s third floor. http://langhamhotels.com/newyork.
Roche Bobois, a leader in high-end furniture, has always been known for its creativity, high quality, European know-how, and customization. Those values are brought to life through two distinct collections: Les Contemporains which embodies innovative and modern design, and Les Nouveaux Classiques which boldly reinvents traditional furniture, creating the classics of tomorrow. Much like the Fashion industry the company launches two furniture and accessories collections each year. Each furniture piece is born from a close collaboration between the brand, designers, and European manufacturers to bring the best of French Art de Vivre into one’s home. Founded in 1960 and with a network of over 250 stores in more than 50 countries, Roche Bobois has just celebrated its 40th anniversary in the United States. There are currently 27 locations in the US; the brand has recently introduced 3 new showrooms in Paramus, NJ, Aventura, FL, and Pasadena, CA and continues to grow with an average of one new showroom opening every month worldwide. Experience French Art de Vivre at www.roche-bobois.com, www.facebook.com/rocheboboisusa and on Instagram @rochebobois.