Yes, it is hot in Arizona in the summer. I won't pretend otherwise. But summer is the ideal time to take advantage of great Arizona summer staycation deals and fun events at some of the world's best resorts. Over the next few days, I will share some of my all-time favorite Arizona resorts that offer pretty amazing summer staycation rates.
Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, Scottsdale
One of my favorite spots for a summer staycation in Arizona is at Fairmont Scottsdale Princess. This year it's going to be better than ever because dreams of lazy days with toes in the sands of paradise is happening right here in the desert. And it's starting this coming weekend with the opening of the resort's sixth and largest pool, Sunset Beach. Read more about my earlier profile of Fairmont Scottsdale Princess here.
The AAA Five Diamond resort will throw open the welcome mat Memorial Day Weekend. Sunset Beach features 830 tons of white sand, glamorous cabanas and 102 luxurious new guest rooms, further making this resort a dreamy play-cation destination.
Centered around the new pool opening is Summer Party at the Princess, taking place every weekend Memorial Day through Labor Day. The celebration includes:
- Cool rides down waterslides
- Techno Glo pool parties
- Dive-In movies
- New four-story Aqua Flyer inflatable waterslide
- New Mermaid University, Swashbuckler Academy and three summer fairies: Dew Drop, Sparkles, and Poppy Pixie
- Fising with Ranger Rick in the lagoons
- Nature walks and bird watching with the resort's falconers
- Sample 240+ tequilas at La Hacienda by Richard Sandoval
- Fireworks every Saturday evening and holiday weekend, including Memorial Day, 4th of July Freedom Fest, and Labor Day Dreamcation
- Specials at Well & Being Spa
- Access for adults to two adult-only pools
- Beach Party Concerts on select dates, starting Memorial Day Weekend
The Sip, Savor & Sand Package is available May 1 through September 10, 2016 from $179 per night with a $50 daily resort credit. To book your summer staycation at Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, visit scottsdaleprincess.com.
I will be reporting on the new Sunset Beach in the coming few day. It sounds like an amazing summer at the Princess, but I dare not whisper about the storytelling mermaid to my granddaughters, or they will never let me rest until I take them back (oh, maybe that's not a bad thing!). In the words of my then-six-year-old granddaughter, the first time she walked into Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, “Oh Grandma, it's a dream come true.” Here's to making dreams a reality this summer!
Come back tomorrow for another of my favorite Arizona summer staycations.