Spring break is right around the corner, and Osthoff Resort located on beautiful Elkhart Lake just one hour north of Milwaukee, offers a variety of adventures the entire family will appreciate.
Families that don’t want to spend hours at the airport standing in line, hours flying to their destination or waiting to rent a car can save more and enjoy more family time on the slopes, ice-skating or splashing around in the resort’s indoor pool. Osthoff offers a host of indoor and outdoor activities that include:
- Downhill skiing at nearby Sunburst Ski Area
- Ice skating on the resort’s reflection pond
- Snowboarding at nearby Sunburst Ski Area
- Snow tubing at nearby Sunburst Ski Area
- Snowshoeing at nearby Quit Qui Oc Golf course
- Bowling at Anchor Lanes
- A day spent poolside at the resort’s indoor pool
- An afternoon at the resort’s own indoor arcade
- A day relaxing at Aspira Spa
- Cooking Classes at L’ecole de la Maison
You know the adage, if mom’s happy, everyone’s happy, and the resort provides plenty of “fun” for moms to relax, shop, and even become a student for a day enjoying:
- Hands on workshops preparing traditional French desserts, delicious pasta dishes accompanied by tantalizing sauces at the Osthoff Resort’s famed cooking school, L’ecole de la Maison.
- Head to town and stroll the shopping and dining area, at the Village Square. From unique collectibles and gifts, Elkhart Lake shops and galleries offer an interesting and diverse shopping experience.
- Go back in time and get a glimpse of what life was like in the 1850’s at the Visitor Center and Wesley Jung Carriage Museum at the Wade House, a historic stagecoach inn; a true local treasure and a national landmark.
- Mom’s that need a break from spring break can relax at Aspira Spa, a 20,000 square foot oasis, named one of the Top 100 Spas by Spas of America, and ranked #3 in North America 2013 by Condé Nast Traveler Magazine’s Spa Poll. This spa provides a holistic, organic approach to treatments ranging from massage, facials and salon services to the healing arts, dynamic envelopments for the body and spa classes.
About The Osthoff
The Osthoff is located on beautiful Elkhart Lake, just one-hour north of Milwaukee, less than two hours from Madison and approximately three hours from Chicago. This AAA Four Diamond resort features spacious and luxurious all-suite accommodations, four restaurants, a 20,000 square foot spa, classic cooking school, year-round recreation and events, gift boutiques, and a grand conference center. The resort has been featured on Travel + Leisure magazine’s list of the Top 500 Hotels and Resorts in the world, was included in Conde Nast Traveler’s #3 resort in the Midwest and is the recipient of a Certificate of Excellence winner by TripAdvisor.com. <