People visit spas to relax and de-stress, but they also seek out ways to develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle. At most luxury resort spas, you can book one treatment, such as a basic massage, and spend the entire day at the spa. This makes luxury services more accessible for everyone.
At the spa, you'll find such things as a private pool (often with cabanas), showers, hot tub, steam room, sauna, quiet reading rooms, exercise facilities. For the price of a single treatment, it's possible to indulge yourself for the entire day.
There is usually a full selection of amenities at the spa. Most luxury resort spas provide you with a robe, slippers, shampoos, conditioners, hair gels, razors, mouthwash, hair dryers, curling irons, brushes, and combs.
If you decide to spend the entire day at the spa, you can often enjoy lunch at a spa cafe, sip hot and cold tea or flavored waters, and munch on fruits and nuts. Make sure you leave plenty of time for relaxing by the pool, usually exclusive to spa patrons.
To get your day at the spa started, arrive early and start your experience in one of the hot facilities – the sauna, steam room, whirlpool – to help open up your breathing. This helps cleanse and detoxify your body. Immediately follow the hot treatments with cold therapy – a cold shower, cold plunge, or a cold drink. Many professionals suggest a cold treatment in between each hot treatment.
Continue to your chosen treatment, and then follow that with a shower (depending on the type of treatment you have – follow your therapist's advice), some extra time to relax, and plenty of water.
Some of my favorite Arizona spas
- Agave, The Arizona Spa at Westin Kierland
- Aji Spa at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass
- Arizona Biltmore Spa
- Centre for Well-Being at The Phoenician
- Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
- Spa at The Boulders
- Joya Spa at Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia
- Mii amo a destination spa at Enchantment Resort
- Revive at JW Marriott Desert Ridge
- Spa Avania at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Gainey Ranch
- Well & Being at Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
- VH Spa at Hotel Valley Ho